In 2007, Ethan Giffin left the comfort of directing eCommerce for the nation’s largest privately held staffing company to start Baltimore-based Groove.
Today, Groove has grown to be a premier digital agency, specializing in eCommerce, web design, inbound marketing, and branding for businesses around the world.
Ethan’s goal when he brought Groove to life was to build a unique, full-service agency that focused on driving real business results. He has since forged partnerships with some of the world’s leading software programs like Magento, HubSpot, Bigcommerce, and Shopify. Groove is the only award-winning Magento gold partner in the tri-state area and the only HubSpot Platinum Partner in Baltimore.
An entrepreneur at heart, Ethan was managing profitable yard sales at 10-years-old and started a very successful DJ and karaoke service at the age of 16.
Prior to founding Groove, The Allegis Group benefited from Ethan’s entrepreneurial spirit and he is credited for pushing the business down the digital path. Recognizing the web’s potential to revolutionize recruitment, Ethan oversaw the creation of Thingamajob.com, an online database of continually updated job openings that grew to serve more than 5 million members. As Thingamajob.com became the cornerstone of Allegis Group’s online strategy, Ethan was promoted to Director of eCommerce in 2005.
Under Ethan’s leadership, Groove has helped several hundred companies grow their online presences and has become an award-winning agency, with recognitions like:
- 2013, 2014, and 2015 Magazine “Inc. 5000” list
- Agency Post “Agency 100”
- One of the “Best Young Companies to Work for” by turnstone
- Baltimore SmartCEO Magazine “Future 50” company – three times
- Baltimore Business Journal’s “Best Places to Work”
- Baltimore Innovation Awards 2014 “Digital Marketing Firm of the Year”
- Chesapeake Regional Tech Council 2015 “Best Place to Work”
- Baltimore Innovation Awards 2015 “Design and Development Firm of the Year”
Ethan has personally won:
- Baltimore Business Journal, “40 Under 40”
- EY Entrepreneur Of The Year, Maryland Finalist
- Baltimore SmartCEO Magazine, Circle of Excellence
- Maryland Daily Record, Maryland’s “Most Admired CEO”